Monday, May 27, 2013

Cinco de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo. May 5. Just another Sunday. 

That is until I got the email. I had forgotten about this person in the little town of Scio, south of Salem. I had forgotten that a litter was planned for this summer. But I had not forgotten the sting of missing out on a sweet black Lab in January. 

But the breeder remembered. And now she announced her two chocolate Labs, Chloe and Odie just had a litter of eight chocolates and one yellow. She wanted to know - "did I still want first pick of the males?"


Did I?

My quest for a Lab puppy had waned since losing out on the black Lab puppy earlier in the year. But isn't that what they say...as soon as you stop looking, it happens?

Within the hour I had sent my deposit for first pick of the chocolate males. 

Next weekend, June 1, I'll meet the little boy that will rock my world. And Gracie's world. 

Let the adventures begin!



1 comment:

  1. What a summer this will be! Glad to see you are blogging again; when I heard the news I went to look at MintoDog hoping the saga was continuing. It will be fun to live vicariously through your puppy parenthood postings.

    ReplyDelete