Saturday, August 24, 2013

Give him a sedagive!

One of the best scenes in the movie Young Frankenstein is when Dr. Frankenstein performs charades for his coworkers while the monster is choking him. He wants his assistants to give the monster a sedative. Instead, we get hilarious guesses from Igor.


If Gracie could do charades, I think she would have been playing Gene Wilder's role this week. Gus had his neutering surgery on Wednesday. The vet said "keep him calm for two weeks." Seriously? If anything, he's been more wound up since then and constantly picking at Gracie to play. 

I rooted through Gracie's pharmaceutical supply and found some sedatives from her last surgery. So I called my vet to see if I could give a puppy-size dose to Gus. Last night was a bit better, although I still need to keep them separate because Gus can't resist play-attacking his big sis.  

Following the charades scene in Young Frankenstein Dr. F inquires of Igor about the brain he collected. Turns out it belonged to someone named Abbie...Abbie Normal. Sounds a bit like a puppy brain!

1 comment:

  1. Coincidence time. I grabbed Young Frankenstein last night and had great fun watching it again.

    ReplyDelete