Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Bragging rights


Here's the thing about Labs: they're goofy, fun, and playful...and they're smart. 

Gus already knows two important commands: sit and come. The "sit" command has come in handy at feeding time. We are now working on the commands: leave it and release. These are two important commands for Labs who put everything in their mouths. 

Over the past years, there has been a plethora of "my kid is smart" bumper stickers.  I have found it a bit wearisome to see these ubiquitous bumper stickers on cars around town touting the intellectual prowess of their little dears. One has to question the veracity of these statements when one reads job applications spelled in texting short-hand and listen to dialogue composed of you knows, likes, and whatevers.

And so it was with special glee that I took to displaying the above bumper sticker on my Ford Escape. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit on my Jeep. 

But that's OK.  It's enough for me to know that my chocolate Labs are smart. I just hope I can continue to outwit them!

1 comment:

  1. I always wanted a bumper sticker that said: "My golden retriever ate your honor student's lunch." But I would probably be pulled over for promoting the dreaded bullyism.

    ReplyDelete