Saturday, July 13, 2013

Two weeks later

After much anticipation, I brought Gus home on June 28. He was not terribly excited about the car ride home, but has adapted well to his new home. 

His first encounter at home was with his "big sister" Gracie. She was a bit stand-offish to start.


But they have since warmed up to each other.





Sleep for me has been somewhat elusive with twice nightly bathroom breaks for Gus. Turns out Gus is also a morning dog. An early, "hey it's 4:30 a.m. everyone!" morning dog. And a fact which Gracie, who is most definitely not a morning dog, reminds me of with a glare each day.  

I'm already collecting stories for this blog. Now I just need to find the time to write them down.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job of reminding me why I do not have a puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "love" the pictures and sharing of the puppy-phase, which will be looked back on fondly after the fact, as a mother looks back on her child's toddler years :-) Enjoy, it goes by fast! (I so miss my puppies).

    ReplyDelete