Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sleeping arrangements, part 2

In Sleeping Arrangements, I boasted about crate training Gus. But Gus had other ideas. 

Suffice it to say, Gus does not like his crate. Our first night together, he didn't just whine, he screamed. And he yelped. And he barked. I lasted only 20 minutes. Then Gus got what he wanted: a plum spot on the bed in between me and Gracie. 

On the plus side, all three of us slept well. On the downside...well, I suspect that will come when I'm competing with two 80+ pound dogs for space on the bed. 




Dog bed update:
So far the expensive Orvis brand Tough Chew dog bed has remained in one piece. But it has yet to be used for sleeping. Gracie simply paws at it and occasionally humps it. Gus has managed to both pee and poop on it (so I guess it's his now). 

This is the closest I've seen either dog to using it for it's intended purpose:


No comments:

Post a Comment